We are a retired couple who enjoy travel. We love meeting new people, new cultures, and exploring unique experiences. We will share our discoveries on our blog and photo album as we wander about our wonderful world.
Check out our (almost) daily blog that follows below.
When we’re traveling we blog nearly daily. When we’re home and not planning a trip, this blog may go quiet for weeks or months. Check out or DailyBlog for a sense of our day to day life when we’re not travelling
Use the categories filter on the right side to select the blog entries that interest you. Alternately you can scroll back “in time” through our blog.
We love to visit Europe, Italy in particular. Spring 2015 we took our inaugural “Retirement Celebration” trip to Europe. We visited the Galapagos Islands on the National Geographic Islander with Safari Experts & Tim Lapage in the spring of 2016. In 2017 we visited Vietnam with Gate1 Travel and took two months out to travel Italy with six weeks living in Florence. 2018 has been a quiet year with trips to visit friends and family. We have an extended motor home trip to Yellowstone NP visiting Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, and some of BC. Departing in 2018 we will visit Scandinavia for two weeks to see the northern lights and the Ice Hotel. In 2019 we will visit Central Europe. We have a long “wish list”.
Our International Trips:
- Seabourn Cruise of the Greek Islands, Rome, Istanbul, Venice, and Florence, 2015
- The Galapagos, 2016
- Vietnam, February 2017
- Italy for two months, spring 2017
- Pacific North West, Montana, Yellowstone RV trip Fall 2018
- Northern Lights trip to Norway & Sweden spring 2018-2019
- Eastern & Central Europe trip spring 2019
- Around the World Cruise, 4 months 2020.
- Machu Picchu, the Sacred Valley, and the Amazon, future
- Alaska, future
- Antarctica, future
- Africa: Zambia, South Africa, Tanzania, Namibia, future
- Ireland, Scotland, England, France, Spain, Portugal, Morocco, future
We purchased a 2015 Winnebago View in February of that year in Connecticut and drove it back to California in some of the coldest weather that winter. We have since taken a number of trips in “The Beast”, as we call “him”. We’ve taken to calling him “Li’l Beast”. As large as our 24′ RV is, it is dwarfed by some of the 44 footer’s.
- return trip from Connecticut, 17 days
- San Diego, 1 week
- Napa Valley, 2 days
- Whidbey Island, Washington state, 2 weeks
- New England, 9 weeks
- Thanksgiving, San Diego, 2 weeks
- Springdale, Utah 1 week (Tesla S)
- Next: Nevada,Wyoming,Yellowstone NP, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon (8 weeks)
Notes from each of these trips can be found on our blog. We are now enjoying a week in San Diego during a heat wave summer 2018. We’ll take our RV to Washington State, Canada, Idaho, and Montana this fall. Over thanksgiving we’ll visit Joshua Tree.
The photos that rotate through in the top banner capture memorable events in our travels. They are not necessarily related to the day’s blog.
“Track our Travels” (on the top menu) will show you where we have been today. You can also access our photo albums or other nooks in this website. If we’re not traveling, TrackOurTravels will not be operable.
<last updated, 9/8/18>